4.25.2012

heritage society fair

Last weekend, the Wichita County Heritage Society held their 12th Annual Provenance Historic Homes Tour--and we had a booth at their fair!  The tour highlighted four historic homes in the country club estates.  I never knew there was so much history in so many of the buildings here in town!

Many of the rooms in each house had original pieces and decor in them, which was really awesome to see.  Elaborate moldings, heirloom rugs, sawn oak floors, fabulous chandeliers....if you didn't get a chance to go this year, I highly recommend making it a priority next year!  

Here's a little peak at our booth:
we finally got the doors stable!

love the flower hangars.







obsessed with the coolers and casserole carriers!

we can paint your furniture, too!


holding on so i don't blow away

wonderful help :)


these cookbooks are FAB.  



everyone loves the feet!  

 We were absolutely thrilled with how everything turned out--especially considering that we were under a HUGE threat for storms (tornadoes, massive rain, lightening, etc...) and the wind was relentless!!  As we were setting up, our doors kept blowing over, and I seriously thought they were going to knock someone out.  Thankfully, everyone left unscathed.

I will mention though, the only downside to this day-I forgot to take my allergy medicine.  Now, for those of you who know me, you know that my allergies can be tamed, but they can also be rather fierce.  Especially without the assistance of AllegraD.  Our booth was located on the grass tennis court, right under a ginormous tree...whose leaves and pollen and who knows what else were blowing constantly in our direction.  My allergies decided to attack me, about two hours before the event was over-we're talking sneezing, major migraine, blurred vision, and nausea.  Just when I thought I couldn't go on, the nicest lady realized I was having an allergy attack, and gave me some Benedryl that she had in her purse.  Thank you ma'am, whoever you were.

After all was said and done, we had a super day, met the nicest people, saw some of our favorite faces, and got to glimpse a little bit of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment